Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Find What Works Best for You


You have the holy grail of marketing - free search engines - then you have the PPC (pay per click) marketing such as Google AdWords and Facebook. You can also do email marketing through your autoresponder. Then there is EzineArticles, which has to be one of the best sites to place an article, which is free. You have classified ads, online and offline, banner advertising and many more ways to promote your website. Some of these can be a waste of time and money but the ones I found worked best were:
  1. Email advertising your list through your autoresponder.
  2. Free search engines.
  3. Writing articles and submitting to article directories
  4. PPC (pay per click) programmes.
Out of all of them I would say that article promotion gives the best results for your money, effort and time. I have to admit when I started my website I could never understand how daily blogging would help, so I used to leave it for a few weeks before writing another post. I have since learnt from experts in this field that this is one of the best ways to get recognised.
I researched everything I could find on SEO (search engine optimization) and knew I was getting close to achieving my goals. So since then I have been blogging daily (maybe having a day off now and again to spend with the family, as that is very important as well). I have had quite a good response from article directories and had quite a few acceptances.
At first I wasn't getting many views but then was told to check daily. I put my article title in quotation marks on a Google search, which then gave me my search results. Within time you will find that your articles will be picked up by publishers of websites that are under construction, who might need fresh content. It will also be picked up through syndicated feeds, where you will find your articles on other people's websites, ezines, internet blogs and classified ads, giving you more recognition.
If you have the funds available it is a good idea to purchase some article submission software to get even more exposure, when you should see a big difference in your page ranking with Google. Plus you must make sure you have good keywords.
You should also find you will produce valuable backlinks to your website from the various places your articles get distributed to, which will increase your link popularity. Besides content this is the next most important factor, that the search engine robots use to rank your website when they spider it.
This has been proven to work and the more you write content the better your rankings will get.
One piece of advice though, when writing an article (which is not the same as writing a blog post) you should never mention your website in the body of the article. The only place article directories allow you to promote yourself and your website is in the resource box. And be sure to use HTML tags to make your link clickable. You must also make sure not to use an affiliate website either, as they see this as a duplicate of the original website. If you are only doing affiliate marketing, the way to get round this is to create your own landing page linking back to your affiliate product.
So to sum up be sure to write articles and submit them for review to as many directories as you can. This should be your first priority as the more articles you submit and get approved the better your ranking will be. Also the more backlinks you get the higher your website will rank. You can't beat article writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment